Thursday

JUST DO IT

 The poet William Stafford said that

 he wrote a poem every morning

about the first word that came into his head

This is what a poet do's 

(for the grammar police, dos - operating system software)

So lower your standards and

don't wait for The Muse

So I 

being an aspiring poetic guy

resolved to give his method a try

So here's a poem for me and you

It's title is I Need a Poo

I hope that that it's about going to the toilet

Doesn't offend you and doesn't spoil it

And now that I am able to sit at my table

A body intentive about being inventive

and choosing to write at the end of the night

I think

isn't that what creativities about

It's how I get my insides out

And now I've done it my only sorrow

Is the worry I'll write the same poem tomorrow

How low can my standards go?





No comments: